Oppo is now the fourth largest manufacturer of the world. Oppo F3 plus is the selfie expert. Lets review it
- OS- Android v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset- Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 | 1.95 GHz Cortex-A72 | Octa-core | Adreno 510
- Display- 6.0 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen | 1080 x 1920 pixels | 367 ppi pixel Density| Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Camera- 16 MP Primary | 16 MP+8MP Secondary | 2160p Video Resolutions with 30fps
- Phone Dimension- 163.6 x 80.8 x 7.4 mm | 185 grams Weight | Colour- Black and Gold
- Connectivity- 4G- LTE | 3G- HSDPA | Bluetooth v4.2 | WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Dual Nano SIM
- Sensors- Proximity- Yes | Accelerometer: Yes | Light: Yes | Gyroscope: Yes | Fingerprint: Yes
- Memory- 64 GB Internal | 256 GB SD Card | 4 GB RAM
- Battery- 4000 mAh | Non-removable
Design & Build Quality
It has a unibody design and the front is Gorilla Glass 5 and the back is of a metal. Antenna is on the back of the phone. Its weight is 185 grams because it has a larger display and battery. The fingerprint sensor is on the bottom front. The sensor is water proof and works even with wet fingers. The right side features SIM tray and the power button.
The left side has the two buttons for controlling the volume. You will the speaker grill, microUSB port and the headphone jack on the bottom.
The Oppo F3 Plus has a 6 inch IPS LCD display with 1080p resolution. It comes with the latest Gorilla Glass 5 protection and a factory pre-installed screen protector making the display even safer.
The pixel density is 367 ppi. The screen has AMOLED display and the screen is sharp, color reproduction is almost accurate but they do tend to be slightly saturated.
The Oppo F3 Plus comes with a 16 MP rear camera with dual LED flash. It also includes phase detection and OIS. You will get two 16MP + 8MP cameras with the close enabling wide angle selfies. The rear camera is very good. Oppo used a wider aperture which makes great pictures even in the low light
Hardware and Performance
The Oppo F3 Plus is powered by the Snapdragon 653. The octa-core processor is paired with an Adreno 510 and you will get 4GB of RAM. Internal storage is 64 GB and you also get a microSD slot which is you can expand up to 256 GB. It gives a good performance.
The Oppo F3 Plus comes with Android Marshmallow and runs Oppo’s Color OS 3.0 on top. It does not have Android Nougat but its update is on its way
There is a single speaker on the bottom. The volume is okay and the sound quality is also good
It has a huge non removable 4000 mAh battery. You can fully charge it in 89 minutes. It is charged upto 45% in 30 minutes and 83% in an hour. You get around 7.5 hours of screen on time on Oppo F3 plus
- OTG Cable is Supported to Connect Pendrive, Mouse, Card reader etc.
- A large 6.0 Full HD Display.
- Speaker has quite clean and powerful sound.
- Dual Selfie with Wide viewing angle is best in its class.
- VOOC Flash Charge ensure the fast charging.
- The display is Protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Still launched with microUSB means No Type-C port.
- Expensive device for the features it is offering.
- Feels heavy in hands as well as in pocket with 185grams weight.
- FM radio and NFC not supported.
- Mediocre Primary camera.
- Still running in Marshmallow instead of Nougat.
- No AMOLED display.
- The poor (331ppi) display density.
This phone has a great price. Its price is Rs 49,899 in Pakistan which competes last year flagship OnePlus 3T. It has a great display, good performance and a big battery with fast charging option and best selfie camera around. It is a great choice for best selfies.
Written By Imran Zaheer